Store Locator auto load location markers

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:29

Store Locator auto load location markers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2013 00:00

I have a store locator and in it it brings in the dynamic stores i have put in and creates a list on the left with the map on the right. when it goes through and finds all the stores in a set distance from a zip code it is supposed to drop markers on the map for those stores. In the console i can see the JS get the coordinates for the locations but it doesnt drop the marker until you click on the specific store is it loading a new map after it set the markers thus clearing the markers or something?

you can see it at 69.175.120.138/.../dealer-locator

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

When you call the addMarker function map is undefined.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

ok that makes sense...ill have to find a way around that i guess

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi all,

Jonathan is right. What I can add is that since Sitefinity 6.2 is using Google Maps API v3 your best choice is to research how the addMarker function behaves in order to adjust it. I was not able to find a concrete example but there are a lot of samples available.

Additionally you can have a Javascript function that does the clicking for you. Something like this will do the trick:

document.getElementById('yourlocationLinkID').click();
Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

it isnt supposed to do it on click it is supposed to do it on page load but for some reason it is loading the info and then loading the map and i need it to do the opposite...

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2013 00:00

Ian,

i did this site in sitefinty 5.x. Take a look through how the locations page is working and hopefully it will help. 

Jerryshardware.com

This thread is closed