How to add a custom workflow status ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:39

How to add a custom workflow status ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi

I've been trying to add an additional status using the Result Status of the Decision Activity in the xamlx file. it works, but I wanted to make use of the Labels resource in the  "ApprovalWorkflowResources". This doesn't seem to work. I think i needed to register something but im not sure how to go about it. My workflow would require 3 stages of approval. Hence I'm adding a new custom status to it.

Does anyone have any solutions how to go about doing it?

Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

To add additional localizable resources for sitefinity workflows refer to this blog post on creating a custom resource class where the new types of content approval strings can be entered.

An exact three level of approval can`t be achieved as an option that sitefinity will fully support as all implementations follow the guideline that there are only two levels of approval workflow, however this doesn`t limit you on how many states of an item approval process you are going to add (Send for approval, Examine, Chekoout, Approval, Edit, Publish, etc.).

Add more branches to the workflow .xamlx file containing new statuses for the items sent for approval.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed