Captcha Function for Registration & Password Recovery

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:47

Captcha Function for Registration & Password Recovery

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi.
I would like to add a function of "Captcha" when a vistor is registrating an account and using the password recovery function in Sitefinity v6.2.
I know that it should be a built-in function for v6.2, can you please advise how to enable it in Registration and Password recovery? Any sample can be provided?

Also, can you please advise if Sitefinity v6.2 is compatible to Windows Server 2012 R2?

Thank you very much.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Evan,

I have prepared for you a video demonstration how to create a new widget by using the existing one (of course you could update the current one) and how to add a Telerik Captcha in
- change password and
- user registration widget
by adding the following code:

<telerik:RadCaptcha ID="captcha" runat="server"></telerik:RadCaptcha>

In addition, you could find the build-in Captcha when creating a form (ex. 'Contact us' form for example). It us under: Content > Forms > Create a new Form

About your second question Windows Server 2012 is supported and on this article you could find how to Configuring the IIS 8 to host Sitefinity projects.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2013 00:00

Thanks a lot for your info.
I have successfully created a Captcha in my member registration form.
However, the validation part is not working.
No matter if the Captcha is answered or not, the form will be submitted.
Can you please advise?
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Evan,

In the latest Sitefinity 6.2 release Captcha for form controls have been added out of the box. Furthermore you could find detailed information how to add Server-Side Captcha for Sitefinity Forms on this blog post.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2017 00:00

Hi,

thank you for sharing video. Can you please tell me how to put required field for the captcha field.

Regards

This thread is closed