Display Categories in Document List

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:34

Display Categories in Document List

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2013 00:00

I have a page with a Download List widget that displays all documents that are in a particular library and within a specific category in a table view. The Download List displays the File, Type, Size and Upload Date. I want to be able to display what library and/or category the document belongs to.

I see that you can edit the thumbanail template for the Download List and attempted adding the code for the category, but that code looks to me is to add a category and not to display it. See below code that is inserted:

<sitefinity:HierarchicalTaxonField ID="HierarchicalFieldControl" runat="server" TaxonomyId="E5CD6D69-1543-427b-AD62-688A99F5E7D4" DisplayMode="Read" WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc" Expanded="false" TaxonomyMetafieldName="Category" ExpandText="ClickToAddCategories" BindOnServer="true" />

I was looking for the code to be something like the code for File or Type below:

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="title" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:Labels, File %>" DataField="Title" ItemStyle-CssClass="sfdownloadTitle" HeaderStyle-CssClass="sfdownloadTitle" />

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="documentType" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:Labels, Type %>" DataField="Extension" ItemStyle-CssClass="sfdownloadType" HeaderStyle-CssClass="sfdownloadType" />

How exactly can you display the categories in the table list on a page?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This thread is closed