6.2 RadEditor Image open in original size gone?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:00

6.2 RadEditor Image open in original size gone?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Back in 5.4 I was asking and asking over and over again if it would be possible to open an image in lightbox style if the option open in original size was checked.

Now, if I am not mistaken it is no longer an option when adding images in a content block.

The opening in a new browser tab was bad but at least I could jQuery my way around it. Now if this option is realy missing it just got a bit harder.

If realy removed

a) it would be nice to have it back
b) it would be nice if the image would open lightbox style.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

This option was indeed hidden due to some issues with its behavior.

We are already working on the resolution and the option will be again available in one of the upcoming Sitefinity releases.

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2013 00:00

Dear Desislav

Does that mean I can look forward to a function I have been asking for since 4.0.

Original image opens in lightbox style with the ability to choose the size according to thumbnails settings?

Markus

PS: As usual the only thing scaring me is . In one of our upcoming releases as in 6.5, 7,1. or so :-(

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

It means that the option that was hidden due to some issues will be again available. The issue was escalated and I believe it will be available in our next Sitefinity release or one release after that.

Excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Desislav

The original feature request was made almost 3 years ago: 
www.sitefinity.com/.../image-widget-improvements

And my clients are still whishing for this simple very usefull feature. 

Simple version.

Images in the content block and image widget can be checked to show origianl image -> IN LIGHTBOX STYLE!!

Advanced version

Images in content block and image wiget can be choosen to from thumb size and then image to be opened IN LIGHTBOX STYLE could be selected from thumbnail size setting.

Well after so many month of waiting, hoping it will make it - only to find out the option is removed - Any hope that 7.0 will show such a simple thing out of the box?

Comone Telerik  suprise me!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

The option is now back in Sitefinity and if you upgrade your project to Sitefinity 6.3 you will be able to use it.

However there is a little bug because of which you can see the check box only for the first time when you add the image. If you forgot to check it or you want to uncheck it later you need to remove the image and add it again.

Unfortunately your second request for showing the image in lightbox is not yet implemented.

We are considering to implement it in the upcoming releases.

I don't know for sure if this can be achieved for Sitefinity 7.0.

In order to follow this feature request progress I logged a PITS Feature request and you can follow it here.

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Desislav

I was going to write LOL but its more like COL.

Initial request was made 3 year ago. What do you think the odds are for 7.0 to have this feature.

Give me a break.

I bet you 50 USD that we will not see the following in 7.0

- see the bug you described fixed and
- the image open in lightbox style in contentblock and image widget 

I would wish I could make bets like this on the track. I would be rich.

I guess I will open this thread again in a year when we are on 7.3 but at least after 3 years I get the feature request to be on PITS :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

I increased the priority of the issue and I also increased the priority of the feature request, which will increase their chances to be included in the Sitefinity 7.0 release.

Thank you for the understanding and cooperation.

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Desislav

Thank's sounds good. Wanna take the bet or is this against forum rules :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Markus,

Bets against clients are in direct contradiction with the company policy, so please accept my sincere apologies for declining your offer. 

Once again, thank you for your understanding and collaboration.

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

This thread is closed