Pluggable custom modules with Entity Framework

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:11

Pluggable custom modules with Entity Framework

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

GOAL:
To create a redistributable module that is compiled into a .dll for easy installation across
multiple sites.

SCENARIO:
I created a Custom Module Patient by  clicking my solution then Add Project--> Sitefinty Custom Module (My Data Provider is Entity Framework). I enabled automatic migrations and then created a widget to display all my patients in a RadGrid and everything is working well.

PROBLEM:
When I add my Patient.dll to another website in a different solution,  I get this error when I try to create a patient: 
Migrations is enabled for context 'PatientsEFDbContext' but the database does not exist or contains no mapped tables. Use Migrations to create the database and its tables, for example by running the 'Update-Database' command from the Package Manager Console.

How do I fix this problem? I have been stuck on this issue for a week.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Catherine,

Please check the following article from our documentation where you can find valuable information related to your desired scenario.

Developing a Custom module using an Entity Framework data provider

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed