Custom tools for Newsletter editor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:39

Custom tools for Newsletter editor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2013 00:00

Has anyone found a way to customise the tools and snippets for just the editor in the newsletters?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Damian,

Could you specify what exactly are trying to achieve? Here is an article that might be useful if you want to add another widgets to the newsletters toolbox.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Petya, I am trying to customise the text editor that is used in the newsletter module (based on html templates).

I want people to be able to insert snippets of HTML when building the newsletter.

I know how to edit the tools that are displayed by the editor (Settings..Text Editor..Default Toolset) so that it includes the snippets but this applies to the default editor used for pages and other parts of the site.

The snippets I want to add are specific to the newsletter so I wanted to know if there was a way to apply the changes just the newsletter editor. Other modules allow you to do this in their settings but I can't see this option in the newsletter module.

Hope that explains it better?

Thanks,

Damian.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

Check out this article. You can replace IssueMessageView and show whatever you want.
Also, you can check out this article - it contains some useful information about ViewMap.
Please let me know if there are any problems with this solution, or if you need further help with it.

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed