Localizing RadControls

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:51

Localizing RadControls

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2013 00:00

I'm using Sitefinity version 6.2. I've created a webusercontrol with a RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor, but I can't get the labels in the current language. The weekdays in the editor are correct but all other labels are in English. When I open Interface Labels & Messages in Sitefintity I can see a section RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor and it has all labels translated to my current language. I don't have an idea how to troubleshoot this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Bart,

Did you create a localized copy of the template as well?
If you keep it 'invariant' the culture of certain controls won't change.

Jochem

Hi Jochem,

Thanks for your help. The template and the page are set to use the nl  culture. The weekday names are displayed in Dutch, but the labels are in English.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2013 00:00

Any other suggestions to solve this issue?????

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Bart,

RadScheduler has a property named "Localization", where you can find all labels and set new labels according to your translation. As an example you can change the "OK" label as follows:

RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor1.Localization.CalendarOK = "Some translation";

Another approach is to translate all text directly in RadScheduler properties window

I advise you also to read the official RadControls documentation:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/scheduler-localization-translatingstrings.html

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Vassil,

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of this solution to translate the RadScheduler control. But these translations are allready defined in Sitefinity under Interface Labels & Messages type RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor. But these don't seem to work. I would think these translations in Sitefinity would also apply to the radcontrols.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Bart,

Yes, I was able to reproduce this issue. I will consult with our developers and will update you about this shortly.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

Thanks Vassil, I'm looking forward to your update.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Bart,

The labels of RadScheduler are defined in Administration > Labels & Messages menu. You could:
- Get the Dutch-Language-Pack for your version.
or
- change the labels you need under "RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor" section.

The weekdays are related to the current culture and in case you need to update them you could do if from the code behind:

CultureInfo newCulture = new CultureInfo("nl-NL");
RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor1.Culture = newCulture;

Please find the result.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed