Ecommerce Stat Lists - Washington DC

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:23

Ecommerce Stat Lists - Washington DC

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

In the ECommerce module how do you get Washington DC to show up in that State list for both Addresses (billing/shipping) and Taxes?
I need to be able to Sell & Ship things to people who live there.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

You can add states from here: Settings-Advanced-Locations-Countries. Select US and create a new state as you need. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

That worked and I was able to add the city. However, it is putting it at the bottom of the list. Am I missing something that sorts it into the correct order?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

When you add the additional state, a new config file is created: Locations.config, which contains the new information. You will need to remove the states from the below mentioned setting and add all of them to the config file and sorting them in the way you need.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Is there anyway to have DC automatically added in a future release? Or make it possible to sort the listing alphabetically. It is a lot of work to remove them from the system, and add all 50 states to the config file just to add one that should be there.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Amanda,

Washington DC is actually not a state and the city does not reside in a state. It belongs to District of Columbia, which is a federal district.
For this reason it is questionable whether or not Washington DC should be added to states list in Sitefinity.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vasya Stankova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2015 00:00

Hello Vasya,

Although Washington DC does not reside in a state, it is the Capitol of the United States. With the way that addresses work in the United States, if you do not include it in the dropdown, anyone who resides in that region will not be able to correctly enter a shipping or billing address.

Regards,

Tony 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi,

Currently there is feature request to include the USA belonging areas by default: http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/157002-locations-include-usa-belonging-areas. You can vote on it to track it and increase the priority.

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed