Sitefinity/Services/Atompub/Blogs.svc confusion

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:49

Sitefinity/Services/Atompub/Blogs.svc confusion

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello there

I've recently moved a development Sitefinity website (2013.valpak.co.uk) to a live environment (www.valpak.co.uk) without any issues. Lovely.

However, I have been trawling the site using a tool called Xenu Link Sleuth to search for broken links and I receive the following issue with the blogs along with the attached image (AuthoriseBlog):

www.valpak.co.uk/.../Blogs.svc
error code: 401 (auth required), linked from page(s):
http://www.valpak.co.uk/blog
www.mysite.co.uk/.../

Now Fiddler doesn't complain, the blogs all work as they should do without issue so I'm just (a) tying to understand what this service does (b) where it lives and (c) why is it still looking at 2013.valpak.co.uk and asking for authorization? 

The only reference to Atompub in the code I can see is in the wlwmanifest.xml root file.  

Given that everything appears to be working website wise, I'm not that worried, just curious as to what's going on and why it is using the old 2013.valpak.co.uk 

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi,

This service is just added as a reference in page's headers, so we can use it to publish/edit blog posts from external applications like LiveWriter. However currently we are developing "Sitefinity Desktop Application" to update Sitefinity content for better experience.
This service will not break any part of your site. However it is strange that it searches your old site as authentication point. Are you sure you replaced all "2013.valpak.co.uk" references with the new one?

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Bonny

Yes I must have missed a setting somewhere as it now has the correct URL i.e. www.valpak.co.uk 

However, Xenu is still reporting that auth is required and saying there is an issue with the blogs. Please see attached image.

Given that the everything seems to be fine and that you don't think it will break anything, I think I'll just ignore it!

Thanks for the reply.

Rich

This thread is closed