Missing Configuration

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:31

Missing Configuration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

I am trying to learn as quickly as i can on the back end side of Sitefinity and the file systems but i made a mistake recently I have not been able to fix yet. 

I have a local copy of the site I am working on and a production copy of the site. I made the mistake of pulling all the files from production and copying over the local files. This included the Web.config and the DataConfig.config. After going through it all i was able to get the site back up and back to the login screen on the back end but when i click login i get an error page that says "Missing configuration for the requesting relying party "http://localhost"" . I learned that this may be cause by an incorrect Web.config file so i found a copy of my old one and replaced it but i am still getting the error and am not sure where to check next or if it is the web.config if it is possible to rebuild it.

I have included a screenshot of the error.

Please help...already got yelled at once :(

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Nevermind. I didnt check the Security.config file which was still set to the production server address instead of setting it to localhost.

This thread is closed