Form with the reset button

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:19

Form with the reset button

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello everyone,

I made a new form by using the forms inside the content, which is on the top in the sitefinity page.
However, I want to add a reset button in the form. The reset button is used to clear the  data in the text box and drop-down list.

I have few questions to ask:
1)Can I build this button in the sitefinity Page only? not in the thunder.
2), If no, how can I add this button in the form by thunder, since I cannot find any templates about the form in the Sitefinity Explorer?
3)Can someone give me some codes if it is necessary to build a new widget in thunder?

regards 
wing

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Wing,

To create a "Reset" button you'll need to create custom form field control. This could be done easily with Sitefinity Thunder. To see how, please view this video: 

Creating Custom Form Field Controls with Sitefinity Thunder

In order to reset the form you'll need to use some JavaScript. As an example you could create the button in the .ascx file as follows: 

<asp:Button ID="ResetBtn" runat="server" OnClientClick="this.form.reset();return false;" Text="Reset"/>

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Ferdi Nebiev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed