Continuous integration/delivery

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:36

Continuous integration/delivery

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

Hey All, 

I am new to Sitefinity and am looking at ways to set it up with Continuous integration/delivery in mind.  It’s a hard thing to get CI going with a CMS system but have used things like TDS (for Sitecore) in the past that help with this.  What options are there for deploying CMS changes along with code changes? 

I have read about the code sync but this does not seem like it will work with a build server, I could be completely wrong.

Thanks
Aaron

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the late reply. I was swallowed by "end-of-the-year" tasks.

Yes, you are right - the main two sides of pushing content between environment are file system based changes (dll's, configs, static resources) and database driven changes (content, pages, forms, products and etc).

For database migrations you can use the Site Synchronization tool (link here), which has many tools (documentation here). As alternative ways you can also use RedGate or other database tools  to version database transactions and push them between environments.

For the file system driven changes, you can you Code Sync, which other tool we offer (here are resources like the documentation and an article), or you can use source control systems and repositories to keep version control of any source code changes and then to push them between environments with various tools like MS Build, VS Publish, Ftp,  PowerShell Commands and etc.

Please review the resources and If you'd like we can set up a call or something to discuss your typical deployment practices and preferred ways of managing your ecosystem.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed