Best Practices when developing collaboratively

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:57

Best Practices when developing collaboratively

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

I'm looking to how development teams (distributed globally) collaborate together when working on projects.  We are going to be developing under the umbrella of 1 Sitefinity web project for all applications.  We plan on working in other solutions (for either MVC or Web Forms) and integrating this somehow into Sitefinity.    

I know the Thunder extension and how it does MVC widgets or Web form widgets.   I'm not sure entire "Applications" of functionality can be accomplished in a single widget placed on a page. 

Has anyone else done something like this?    Looking for guidance here.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi David,

Here is a link for documentation that probably you can find useful. It is regarding the staging and syncing functions that Sitefinity offers. http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/synchronizing-data-between-two-servers

Also have in mind that there is a Hybrid mode option that uses the best of both MVC and WebForms. It lets you use MVC widget and WebFormWidget on the same page. Here is also a link for the Hybrid MVC mode documentation.

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/sitefinity-essentials/how-does-sitefinity-use-asp.net-mvc/three-mvc-modes/hybrid-mode

In order to be more helpful can you specify more details about your future project? Have thought of the use different environments for development, staging and production?

Regards,
Gergana Zherabska
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Right.  I understand the MVC widget and the differing modes.

My real question here is ..

With multiple teams developing different applications, we want to access from a single portal that the end user signs into .  Is there

1) A way to integrate non sitefinity applications into the sitefinity site?
2) or is the preferred way for this kind of scenario to get the Multi Site Management add on and have different teams develop different sites under the same domain?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi David,

I believe that the Multisite Management is your solution. There is actually one project and multiple sites with different domains. It uses single database which helps you to backup easily and you wouldn't have to duplicate data. You could find more about Multisite Management here and the documentation here.

Happy holidays,
Nikolay Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed