Telerik ASyncUpload in SF

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:56

Telerik ASyncUpload in SF

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi - 
I'm looking for suggestions on how to best achieve the following using the AsyncUpload control in Sitefinity.

Our users are uploading excel files. I need to verify there are certain columns in the excel file. If they are all present, then it will pull data from the spreadsheet and put that into a database. Then the file itself will be put into the database.

At what point should I do the verification for the columns? Can I do this error checking on the temporary file?  There is no reason for the excel file to ever make it into the database if the columns are not present and the data cannot be uploaded if it isn't.

I would then like to have the file upload to a SF document library.

Thank you in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity Support.

A possible way to achieve this is to implement a custom control that has AsyncUpload control in it and when you have the selected file you should perform all required validations before saving the data in the database and the file in document library. You may find this article useful - Creating documents. The article describes how to upload documents using Sitefinity CMS API.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Strahil Strahilov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed