Delmiting search by child and parent nodes

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:16

Delmiting search by child and parent nodes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2014 00:00

I am trying to make my search fields only searchable on the current page in question and all of it's child pages. and only if they have children, so the home-index page has no children thus it will search the whole website.  (attached is a little example)
 However i am having some issues in doing so.
I used to be on Sitefinity 3.7 and this was accomplished rather easily, and i have since moved to sitefinity 6.2.

I have read the documentation for PagePipeNoIndex under the sitefinity blog post :
www.sitefinity.com/.../publishing_system_brief_walkthrough

however i have had no luck with that one. also i have tried following a different post  : www.sitefinity.com/.../set-start-page-for-search-index
also with no luck.
I have also made the bootstrapper to register the new pipe and unregister the default pipe, but that also got me no difference in my search results.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Daniel,

For the moment, extending of the backend search is not available. In 3.7 this was achievable, but since then the search has a totally different implementation and this feature requires a lot of internal modifications.

I will add a feature request for some of our future releases to make easier extending the backend search.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed