Sitefinity User migration

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:14

Sitefinity User migration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2014 00:00

we have an existing sitefinity 5 database that holds around 200+ users with PW encrypted.  we developed a new site layout with diff. pages/images/module etc. in a fresh backup copy of the live db. 

Now we want to use that db copy as our live db but have since added more users in the live db.  I can't just add them manually since the passwords are encrypted.   How can I import/write code that adds any new users to the backup db copy without restoring the whole DB.  Or can I just copy some tables.

thanks

Doug

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Doug,

The best approach in your particular case is to implement a custom membership provider. I am suggesting this solution mainly because all the passwords for your users are hashed. Please check the following documentation article where you can find detailed information how to implement a custom membership provider.

Create a custom membership provider

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2014 00:00

thanks for the response, but I don't want users to have to selected which provider?   Doesn't Telerik have a routine to migrate the users content to another db? 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Doug,

There is no option available when all the passwords are hashed. This is the reason why I have suggested to implement a membership provider.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed