Access to custom field definitions with Sitefinity WCF RESTf

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:13

Access to custom field definitions with Sitefinity WCF RESTful Services?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello

Is there a way to retrieve definitions of custom fields defined for a product type?

Custom field name/value pairs seem to be accessible with  /Sitefinity/Services/Ecommerce/Catalog/ProductService.svc in a row with  default fields. I, however, need

* to know what product fields are custom - to distinguish from default fields;

* to obtain custom field labels.

I have reviewed help pages for all service help pages available in the trial - no success.

Thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Mikhail,

I would advice to check the following documentation article where you can find information about your desired scenario:

Querying custom fields

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2014 00:00

Thanks for the reply but it seems to be irrelevant.

This article describes .NET coding while I am asking of Web access using Sitefinity WCF RESTful Services.

TypeResolutionService is not exposed within /Sitefinity/Services and is not accessible from the Web in both our trial and production Sitefinity 6.3 installations.

Could you confirm that this access is impossible with out-of-the-box Sitefinity 6.3 WCF RESTful Services?

Thanks in advance
M.Golovanov

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Mikhail,

I can confirm that your desired scenario cannot be achieved with the out-of-the-box WCF RESTful Services which Sitefinity provide. You can try the approach outlined in the support ticket which you have opened.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed