Deployment process for Sitefinity Maintenances

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:00

Deployment process for Sitefinity Maintenances

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

I would like some tips or advice on how to deploy maintenance releases of an existing sitefinity website. Lets say I have a new control that I want to deploy to production and a few pages that use this new control. What is the best approach for deploying the changes. Application and database levels.

What I'm doing now is backing up the DB in prod, restoring it in QA, and applying my changes on the files and content in DB. After QA is done testing, I backup the QA DB and deploy it to production by restoring the DB in prod and pushing out the file changes to the web servers. This process however causes issues with marketing. Once I backup the prod DB, marketing cannot make any changes until the release is done. That means you're looking at a black out period.

Another solution would be to apply the changes directly to production, but that process also takes a long time when you have a change window of a few hours and everyone is waiting on you to make the changes.

Any alternatives out there? Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

Can you please check out the SiteSync feature? I think it will be the answer to all your questions.
Here is a video of it - the video is old and there are lots of improvements now, but it will give you an idea of the feature.

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed