Redirect to Querystring URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:14

Redirect to Querystring URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Team Telerik,

We are working with sitefinity forms and have come across a requirement that we need to redirect the user to the previous page on submit of the form. 

The prevoius page is determined by Querystring "url".

Is there a way I can customize sitefinity forms and work with this?

The ideal way would be to add third radio button on editing the form under Settings in admin under: Confirmation options

Please let me know how this can be achieved.

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Siddesh,

You can have a look at this forum thread where you can find an explanation and actual code sample on how to create a custom form control that extends the built-in Forms widget.
In the overridden ProcessFromSubmitAction method, there is a check whether the form action is to redirect to another page or show the successful message. 

Based on what you have provided me as an information, I suggest that you can modify the logic there to satisfy your needs. You can use the redirect option for the form from the backend and leave the URL field empty. Then in the code, you can add a simple check whether RedirectPageUrl is empty and if so, then pass your URL as a parameter to the Redirect method.

Regards,
Ivaylo Angelov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed