User authentication for retrieving list of images via REST s

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:01

User authentication for retrieving list of images via REST service

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2014 00:00

I have an application from which I'd like to be able to retrieve a list of images in a library from Sitefinity.  What I can't figure out how to do is authenticate as a backend user so that I can get the list of images if I'm not (or any of the consumers of this feature) logged into Sitefinity.  We're running version 6.3, so posts I've found from version 5 don't seem to help since the Users service now requires you to be authenticated to call the authenticate method.

I tried this link (www.sitefinity.com/.../working-with-restful-services-part-2-claims-authentication-and-designing-service-calls) which has the same results as before.

If there's a way to just get a list of images without authenticating, that'd be great.  I don't need anything but the URL and ID.  But if that's not possible, then I'd need to know how to authenticate the user outside of the Sitefinity project.

Anyone know how to do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Nate,

I don't have a full example, but what I do in similar situations is setting the SuppressSecurityChecks property of the provider to true. You can try to do so with the provider of the libraries manager.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2014 00:00

Thanks Arno!

In my frustration I created a generic handler within the project in the hopes that it wouldn't require me to be authenticated, which seems to have worked.  I will keep your suggestion in mind in case what I have so far doesn't pan out.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2014 00:00

Hey Nate,

Here's a little project I'm working on that may help you.

This thread is closed