Not able to break template language sync.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:53

Not able to break template language sync.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2014 00:00

I've been adding a new language to our site and have run in to a bug (it seems). While I can do one-offs of pages that are new easily enough, the templates do not allow me to do this. at the top of the page I get the message.

All translations of this template are synced Adding/deleting widgets to this template will affect all its translations. | Show other translations

I do not have the option to break the synchronization.Can anyone give me advice on what to do to break the synchronization?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,

Actually, in Sitefinity you are able to choose between synchronized translations of a page or pages in split mode (changes, made to one of the translations aren't applied to the other). However, this is not a valid scenario when you're working with templates, since the initial idea of a template is to provide an identical appearance to different pages that are using it. 

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2014 00:00

ah i see. we were putting a custom control to allow language selection and the options varied by region. It made sense for us to make 3 versions of the control specific to the language pairs it applied to and put it on the template. I'll either rework the control to be smarter and do 1 version or just style away the other 2. was hoping not to do that, but it'll be fine

This thread is closed