Re-arrange fields/custom fields for backend screens of built

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:33

Re-arrange fields/custom fields for backend screens of built-in content modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2014 00:00

I want to move my custom fields around into a more logical grouping for the News module.  I know you can do this by moving them around in the view config file, but it looks a bit tedious at this point as the only values stored in NewsConfig.contentViewControls.NewsBackend.views.NewsBackendEdit are the custom fields I made.  So things like MainSection and MoreOptions are not in there for me to copy paste around.  I noticed if I make a change to say the CssClass for MainSection that it will then output an entry to my config, but only for the change I made.

Is there a way to get all the sections to populate to 

NewsConfig.contentViewControls.NewsBackend.views.NewsBackendEdit  and 

NewsConfig.contentViewControls.NewsBackend.views.NewsBackendInsert so that I can move fields around a bit easier?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2016 00:00

Have you found a solution for the problem? I'm having the same problem at the moment.

Posted by jread on 26-Feb-2020 16:20

This will be accomplished by going to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Blogs -> Controls -> PostsBackend -> Views

Under views you will find the configs for Edit, Insert, and more.  Under each view you can then create new Sections and manually move fields to other sections.

This thread is closed