adding RadSlider to Designer

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:57

adding RadSlider to Designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2014 00:00

I have an int in my designer that was made by the Thunder Applet and that works fine, But because it has limited number of choices i would like either a Dropdown or a RadSlider.  I would like to make a slider because i think it's easier to see all the options available. But i am having some trouble understanding how to make it work 

I added the slider to my Designer and it shows up properly. But it has no effect at the moment. How can i link it so the value of the slider has a change on the website? 

ASCX Designer

<%@ Control %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sfFields" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" %>

<sitefinity:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Styles/Ajax.css" />
</sitefinity:ResourceLinks>
<div id="designerLayoutRoot" class="sfContentViews sfSingleContentView" style="max-height: 400px; overflow: auto; ">
<ol>       
    <li class="sfFormCtrl">
    <asp:Label runat="server" AssociatedControlID="MyCI" CssClass="sfTxtLbl">CategoryID</asp:Label>
    <asp:TextBox ID="MyCI" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt" />
    <div class="sfExample">Enter The Category ID</div>
    </li>

<li class="sfFormCtrl">
    <asp:Label runat="server" AssociatedControlID="MyCL" CssClass="sfTxtLbl">Course Level</asp:Label>
    <asp:TextBox ID="MyCL" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt" />
    <div class="sfExample">Enter The Course Level</div>
    </li>

<li class="sfFormCtrl">
    <asp:Label runat="server" AssociatedControlID="MyPI" CssClass="sfTxtLbl">ProgramID</asp:Label>
    <%--<asp:TextBox ID="MyPI" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt" />--%>
        <asp:Panel ID="RadSliders_Wrapper" runat="server" CssClass="sliderView horizontalSliderView">
                         <telerik:RadSlider ID="MyPI" runat="server" ItemType="item" Width="350px"
                              Height="70px" AnimationDuration="400" CssClass="ItemsSlider" ThumbsInteractionMode="Free" >
                              <Items>
                                   <telerik:RadSliderItem Text="8" Value="8"></telerik:RadSliderItem>
                                   <telerik:RadSliderItem Text="9" Value="9"></telerik:RadSliderItem>
                                   <telerik:RadSliderItem Text="LIS" Value="10"></telerik:RadSliderItem>
                                   <telerik:RadSliderItem Text="JOU" Value="11"></telerik:RadSliderItem>
                                   <telerik:RadSliderItem Text="12" Value="12"></telerik:RadSliderItem>
                                   <telerik:RadSliderItem Text="13" Value="13"></telerik:RadSliderItem>
                              </Items>
                         </telerik:RadSlider>

</asp:Panel>
    <div class="sfExample">Enter The Program ID</div>
    </li>

The Designer.cs is the same as the thunder created one. 

The Designer.js is the same as the thunder created one. 

i tried changing a few things in the .js file to get it to work but i have been able to get it to throw an error we integrated into the widget.  

I have not been having any luck as of yet. 

Any suggestions on how to link the .js file to the radSlider value??

This thread is closed