creating a dropdownlist in a widget designer

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:22

creating a dropdownlist in a widget designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi there, 

Just wondering if there is an easy way to create dropdownlist within a widget designer.

I tried using Thunder to create the initial designer.   I then had to modify the ASCX and change the generated "literal" to a "dropdownlist".    I then had to wire in a couple of classes to act as the code behind so that I could manually initialize the list  (the ascx.ca and the ascx.designer.cs) .... escenially I am creating a user control 

I saw a blog posting based on Sitefinity 4 that suggested that this was the correct way to go, but I am wondering if there is an easier way to do this now?

thx for any advice that can be offered.

-Sheldon

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Sheldon,

There is a blogpost about implementing related comboboxes in widget`s designer:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/vassil-vassilevs-blog/2014/01/10/implement-related-comboboxes-in-widget-designer-for-page-control-in-sitefinity-cms

with a downloadable sample which you can use and modify to fit your requirement.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2014 00:00

Thanks Vassil ... that helps... I didn't see that one.

This thread is closed