How to enable editing widgets in page editor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:55

How to enable editing widgets in page editor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi folks,

My current situation is: I have 1 page template in which I put a header and a footer widget. I have several pages that are using that template. However, on the footer I have a list of "Useful links" that I wish to adjust it page by page (e.g. Product page should have some links to the shop while About page may have some to introduce more information).

Since I put the footer widget in the page template itself, while editing the page, the widget is locked and can't be edited. Do you have any idea to remove the lock?

Thanks & Regards,
Harry

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Harry,

There is no option available to edit a widget when it is placed directly on a template. By design you can edit widgets that are placed directly on the page only. Even if you have the ability to modify the widget directly on the template all the changes will be replicates on all pages which are using this template. You can modify your template in a way to have a placeholder in the footer where you can add all of the desired content.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Kaloyan,

Thank you for getting back to me.

My only concern is, since the footer has to be in every page and only some certain pages need slightly different versions, putting an empty hole and put a footer widget into it every time new page is created is a pain. However, I've found a workaround for this little issue: Leave the template empty, create a standard page and put the footer widget into it. Instead of creating new pages, I will just duplicate the standard page.

Regards,
Harry

This thread is closed