How does one change the order of the categories listed by th

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:20

How does one change the order of the categories listed by the Categories Widget?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2014 00:00

I've seen this post www.sitefinity.com/.../reorder-categories but unfortunately I'm not quite sure what actually needs to be done...  Is it not as simple as exposing a "SortOrder" property in the widget itself?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Dave,

In Sitefinity widgets you can sort your items in your widgets by any field you want. Here is a sample video how to perform sorting by a custom field (priority) of some new items (video).

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Vassil,

Thank you very much for your video, it was very informative.  Unfortunately I can't seem to find a similar property in the Categories Widget - pardon me if I'm missing it, but is the same thing possible with this widget?

Thanks!

Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Dave,

Correct, the Category widget cannot be set to display your categories in specific order. I have added a feature request as I believe this could be valuable feature to our product. Here is a feedback item:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/124410-add-order-option-for-all-taxonomies

When planning for releases, we are always going through the feature requests in the portal and take decision based on their votes.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2014 00:00

Thanks Vassil,

Hopefully this feature makes it into a future update.

Dave

This thread is closed