Filtering DynamicContent items on Frontend

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:26

Filtering DynamicContent items on Frontend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2014 00:00

I am running into Validation of viewstate MAC failed errors when trying to follow this example.

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/boyan-barnevs-blog-/2013/04/03/filtering-sitefinity-dynamiccontentview-on-the-frontend 

If I enter a value into the city text box and click the search button I receive the validation of viewstate MAC failed error.  I have paging turned on and I noticed that if I go to a different page other than the default page #1 that the search feature appears to work fine.  It is just on this initial page that it fails.

Things I have checked:

1.) There is not action value set on my masterpage <form> tag.  It reads <form id="mainForm" runat="server">

2.) I enabled viewstate from Titles & Properties for the page in question

I have created custom forms in the past and have not had to generate a machine key so this feels like something else going on, but any input would be helpful.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2014 00:00

I do not get this error if I use a template that is based on Sitefinity's UI and not MasterPage.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2014 00:00

I have narrowed it down to being an issue with one of my MVC widgets that is on the template.  I am using nested templates based off a masterpage so when I base the page off just the master it does not have an issue, but once I base it off one of the nested templates with my MVC widgets it starts to have issues.  

If I figure it out I'll update everyone.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2014 00:00

So the culprit is that I decorated my controller action with

[OutputCache(NoStore = true, Duration = 0)]

I need to have the MVC widget not cache on the page, but I do not want to disable caching for the page entirely.  I am aware that Sitefinity has some wrappers to setup cache substitution, but I have not used them before and am not sure how I should go about addressing this.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

Any suggestions on what I could do to invalidate caching for an MVC widget that will not break the page when using custom filtering?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2014 00:00

Hello Stacey,

My colleague has answered you in the support ticket. Please, feel free to share the resolution of this issue with the community, whether you like to do so.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2014 00:00

Can you share the resolution of this issue?

This thread is closed