Hide date and author in blog

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:56

Hide date and author in blog

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am new to Sitefinity but I've used other CMS before. Can someone give me a a step-by-step on how I would hide the author and dates on blog posts? (On the blog list and on the actual blog posts)

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Nam,

For your convenience I have decided to record a video (video).

In general you have an access to List / Detail templates and you can modify them as you need. Also in any moment you can restore the default one.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2014 00:00

That was very useful. It did the trick. Thank you very much. I am getting more confident about the Sitefinity CMS.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2016 00:00

Hello,

I have the blog author hidden but when it prints, the author shows up. How do I turn this off?

Thank you,

Tess

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2016 00:00

Hi Tess. I don't get you point. What you mean when it prints? Can you please provide more information or screenshots

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2016 00:00

Thanks Vassil for the reply! Here is the live blog post. The author does not show: www.badgley.com/.../the-risky-business-of-concentrated-equity

Attached is an image of what it looks like when you print the webpage on paper. The author shows like this:

"The risky business of concentrated equity

by Chris Rios | Jul 13, 2016"

This company targets older people who like to print off the blog posts and read them on paper. I know that is silly but that is what they do. We do not want the author to show when they print the web page.

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2016 00:00

The problem is that you hide author block through CSS in badgley-desktop.css line 382

And this css have  media="only screen" that means when user will try to print it, it will not work. That the reason why your printed page looks terrible.

You can find more information here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_mediaqueries.asp

You have two solutions. 

1) Use for this css media =only screen and print

2) Or create separate css with media="only print" for printers

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2016 00:00

Great! Thank you very much.

This thread is closed