Custom URL rewriting

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:26

Custom URL rewriting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear All,

I want to do URL rewriting with sitefinity.  I have a URL like www.mysite.com/content.aspx

and I want to make my url like  

www.mysite.com/.../title-name-which-is-exists-in-xml-file

please guide me how I can achive this.

I need solution ASAP. I got stuck from last two days.

One more question..... Is URL routing is possible when named physical file does not exists?

Regards,

Shivani

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Shivani,

In order to achieve your desired scenario you can check the solution provided in the following documentation article.

Using URL Rewrite for SEO

As addition please take a look at the following forum threads where you can find some additional information.

Sitefinity and URL Rewriting

Sitefinity CMS URLs and IIS URL Rewriting

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

Thanks for reply...

But I did not find any good solution from your reply.  I applied the scenario of Using URL Rewrite for SEO. But its did not work for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2015 00:00

I'm also looking for a solution. It seems like URL Rewrite rules are not being processed. Or at least not before SiteFinity does redirection on it's own. It would be nice to have URL Rewrite rules to act first, then hand things over to SiteFinity. Is there a way to do this?

This thread is closed