Populate repeater when value in drop down list changes

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:32

Populate repeater when value in drop down list changes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am an absolute newbie to sitefinity with only two weeks knowledge of sitefinity. I am building a widget to display list of Jobs. My problem is, I want to display  list of jobs in a repeater based on the value selected in a dropdown list.

I have three drop down lists that are populated from the taxonomies "Role" "Working Hours" and "Location" . What I simply want to achieve is to display jobs based on the values selected in the drop down. This is currently the code i have in the selected index change event of one of the drop downs. I'd appreciate any help on this issue.

TaxonomyManager taxonomyManager = TaxonomyManager.GetManager();

string role = DropDownRole.Items[DropDownRole.SelectedIndex].Value;

var providername = String.Empty;
            DynamicModuleManager dynamicModuleManager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager(providername);
            Type jobType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Jobs.Job");

var RoleFilteredCollection = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(jobType).Where(jt => jt.GetValue<TrackedList<Guid>>("role-types").Any().Equals(role));

Repeater1.DataSource = RoleFilteredCollection;
            Repeater1.DataBind();

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Charles,

I suggest subscribing to the dropdowns selectedIndexChanged event , if you are using the Rad Controls Drop down, query the items depending on the dropdown values and rebind the repeater. In the selectedIndexChanged method you can get the selected values from the other two dropdowns, if there are selected values, and use .Where() to filter the items from the query depending on them, or insert your own logic of filtering the items.
Example:

protected virtual RadComboBox MyDropDown

get

return this.Container.GetControl<RadComboBox>("MyDropDown1", true);

protected override void InitializeControls(GenericContainer container)

this.MyDropDown.SelectedIndexChanged+= MyDropDown_SelectedIndexChanged;

protected void MyDropDown_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, DropDownListEventArgs e)

if (MyDropDown.SelectedItem != null)

// query items depending on drop down value

// check other dropdowns
            if (MyDropDown2.SelectedItem != null)

// filter the queried items depending on second drop down choice

this.Repeater.DataSource = items;
           this.Repeater.DataBind();

You can get custom flat taxonomies this way, as well
TaxonomyManager managert = TaxonomyManager.GetManager();
              var taxonomy = managert.GetTaxonomies<FlatTaxonomy>().Where(t => t.Name == "MyTaxonomyName").Single();

var taxa = taxonomy.Taxa.Where(t => t.Title == "Title").FirstOrDefault();

You can find more information about querying and creating dynamic module items from Module Builder -> Your Module -> Code reference for YourModule.
I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed