7.0 video widget setting formats

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:08

7.0 video widget setting formats

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2014 00:00

I wonder how this is done since I don't really see an option in the widget, unless you can upload any of the supported formats and SF will convert them on upload, or on the fly.

www.telerik.com/.../media-video-player.aspx

​RadMediaPlayer works with files of any HTML5-supported format, including WebM, Ogg, MP4 and WAVE. In browsers not supporting HTML5 the control falls back to Flash.Because not all modern browsers support the same formats, the control allows you to specify different formats of the file to automatically match the user’s browser with the right format.

Markus

PS: I think the youtube stuff could have been exposed better for endusers. Button add youtube video browse to video and enter.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

@Telerik

@Anyone

Any response?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Makrus,

I have consulted with our dev team about this new feature and I can inform you that for now fall back functionality is not available in the current implementation. If you want to use the full functionality of RadMediaPlayer you should  create a custom control.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear Kaloyan

Thanks for comming back. I guess I once more expected more then was delivered. My bad.

www.telerik.com/.../mediaplayer-getting-started.html

• Source
  • HD Source
  • 3 Formats
  • Banners
  • Easy interface for youtube (not advanced scroll all the way down)

Could the MediaPlayer be added to the RadControls available in Sitefnity in one of the next internal builds.

Markus

PS: Any plans of the dev team to work on the widet. Or is that it?

PS: Tried it on IE 8 on my vitual machine. I was going to fall back to lfash (small icon top left corner of video player get flash) I installed flash. After that nothing.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

Our developers currently working on the roadmap for our next major release and for now I am not able to inform you whether there will be additional functionality added to this widget. Thank you once again for your suggestions how out of the box Sitefinity widgets can be improved.

Regarding your next question for now there are no plans for adding RadMediaPlayer as a control available in Sitefinity. You can create your own widget using this control.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Have a look at http://jplayer.org/

I created a custom module with 3 video upload fields (webm, ogg, mp4) and used jplayer to display the HTML5 video (which falls back to flash). It does all the browser checking for you

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear David

Thanks for the link but its sad if you have to go outside Telerik if they have a media player but simply do not provide the interface for it.

I think I will give the Telerik Media Palyer a shot but if that fails have a look at jplayer.org

Once again thanks for the link and helping out.

Markus

This thread is closed