Custom BlobStorageProvider

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:42

Custom BlobStorageProvider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

I'm trying to replace the OpenAccessBlobStorageProvider with a custom implementation in Sitefinity 6.3.5, where the site is already in production and a whole bunch of media content was added using the default (Database) provider. But I'm having trouble understanding where the provider is used. I would expect it to be used by the Sitefinity HttpHandler or Module to retrieve media content from the database, but when I replace the default with my custom implementation, it doesn't even get instantiated. How is Sitefinity retrieving the content from the database if not by using the provider?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Mark,

You can find the currently used provider in Administration > Settings > Advanced > Libraries > Blob storage > Blob storage providers > Database (screenshot). There you can change it with your own implementation.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed