Content Not always showing...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:58

Content Not always showing...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

I am experiencing an odd problem right now.  A fellow Developer created a template based upon another template that was created on a custom master page.

When I noticed this I pointed his page to point to original template and noticed the content he added to the page disappears in view mode.  When I went in to take a look in edit more all the content shows.  The content is simple but long so I'd rather not reproduce it by creating a new page. IT consists of over 10 content controls and about the same document links.

Any thoughts on this?  ONCE it did show in view/preview mode but I cannot reproduce it accurately to be confident.  We are also in a load balanced environment if that matters at all point to the same database.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Paul,

From what I understand you have changed the template of a page. If that is indeed the case then the behavior you are experiencing is such by default. In general every time you change a page's template you will be prompted with a warning message( see the attachment for further reference), telling you that a draft version of the page will be created and will replace your page. This is done in order to not distort your page when a different page template is applied.

If you change a page's template, all of the widgets on that page lose their placeholder ID property, meaning that they do not know in which layout control they are placed. This is visible in the page editor as controls without a placeholder are seen as transparent.

In order to get rid of this behavior, you will need to place all of your controls in a place holder. Add additional placeholders if needed and drag and drop the controls inside them.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed