Looking for Good Example of Custom Widget with Page Selector

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:58

Looking for Good Example of Custom Widget with Page Selector Designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2014 00:00

I am looking for a good example of a custom widget with a page selector in the designer (to select a URL). I only need to select pages from the sitemap (not external URLs).

I am having a real hard time finding one for a recent version of Sitefinity (currently developing on 7.0). One that was promising was from the Sitefinity team, but the link to the file was broken. Can anyone point me to an example, tutorial, or download?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2014 00:00

The Thunder VS extension can generateit for you.  Just add a guid public propertyto your widget, then it'll use that. 

What I usually do is add all my properties to my widget, then when I'm done I do the add designer for existing widget function and just add everything I want.  From there I can move things around and style them.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

More information regarding creating widgets with designers could be found in our Sitefinity documentation.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed