How do I add social share buttons to each blog post?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:54

How do I add social share buttons to each blog post?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

I am using the Blog widget inside of Sitefinity 5.4 and I can not figure out how to get Social Share buttons on my individual blog posts. I have found how to activate them on the blog itself, but we need to be able to share each individual post.

Am I missing a simple setting somewhere? Or do I need to edit the widget in order to get the social share buttons on each post? 

I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

*** Update ***
The post specific shares options are available when I click on the article and go to its specific page. However, I want to add the share buttons for each post on the main blog page.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello,

Currently, this functionality is not available out of the box. The share buttons for each individual blog post are available only in its single item view. You can share the whole blog posts list page by enabling the social share buttons in the widget designer's list settings.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed