Multiple page sharing in a BlogPosts widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:09

Multiple page sharing in a BlogPosts widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

Is there a way to have the page sharing listed on each blog post when using BlogPosts widget? That way the user doesn't have to go to the single blog post but can share right away when they read the summary of the blog post.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

Any input on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Johan,

There is no easy way for this functionality to be implemented easily in Sitefinity. The reason for that is the fact that you will need to override the Blogs widget such that you combine it with the Page Sharing one, and implement the social logic to each item in the blogs list template. I have logged the functionality as a feature request. You can follow its progress in our Portal. We will do our best to include it in our future releases.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Thank you for your response Ivan. I ended up writing a custom control for this. I am looking forward to see this feature on the future release.

This thread is closed