searchable support content plugins or practices

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:30

searchable support content plugins or practices

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

Can anyone recommend a good practice or plugin for support-type content? Out of the box, Sitefinity supports blog structure but since the search feature is very underdeveloped it isn't particularly useful for support content such as that you'd find published in a platform like Zen Desk.

Any suggestions are appreciated (before I lose weeks trying to build such a thing by hand in Sitefinity...)

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

Holy crickets, batman. Either I'm the only person in the world who ever thought of using Sitefinity this way, or there's nothing out there that fits the bill?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

We have a sample bug tracking application utilizing dynamic modules and MVC available in the SDK:github.com/.../Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.BugTracker.,Create a Bug Tracker application. Is this in the lines that you want to achieve or is request for more of a support repository where the users will be able to search articles?

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Support is the key, so yes more of a support repository with strong searching functionality. Does anything like this exist for Sitefinity? 

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

I am afraid that at this point we do not have such functionality. We are investigating the possibility to integrated elastic search with Sitefinity at a future point.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed