Removing custom module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:24

Removing custom module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Not knowing that I can use Module Builder. I followed the example to create a custom module builder here:www.youtube.com/watch

I am running into a problem when I tried to change one of the data field from Int to string. Since I am unsure how to do that, I am trying to remove the module and intend to create a new one using Module Builder. Unfortunately, the custom module that I created still show up on the Modules list even after I select it to be deleted. What is the right way to do this? I would like that module to be completely gone from the list and database, so I can start clean. Thanks

EDIT: By removing the reference to that Module in VirtualPathSettingsConfig.config and SystemConfig.config, I no longer see the module listed on the list. My question now is just how to make sure that I remove the reference to that module in the database?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2014 00:00

Hi Johan,

Since, you have deleted the module from the back-end and removed the registered references from the
VirtualPathSettingsConfig that should be enough to clear all references from the Sitefinity project to this module.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed