Custom Content Type Template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:54

Custom Content Type Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi All, 

It is my first project on Sitefinity, so I am quite new to the CMS.

We have created a custom content type called “Case study”, in which the content has to be laid out in a number of different formats.

We have also created a several Custom content types (“Quote”, “Testimonial”, “Text with left
image”, “Text with right image”) as children of the Custom content type “Case study”.

So the problem we have is the following:

1) We want to be able to add as many of these elements as we need, in any order we need to each
"Case study”, and show them all together in it. When we are trying to modify the template and put all the child content type in one template we are getting error message, Quote, testimonial is not part of provider. we need to show all the fields for each one in the same page.

Can any give me an example how to do it?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Tauseef,

In order to achieve your needs, you can:
- Create a module with the content types you need
- Create a 'common' content type (in that or other Module) that has fields of type Related data
- Each field has the content type you need

More information is available here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Thanks Svetoslav for you feedback. 

We are almost there. We only need to show the full 'Related Content' on the same page, not as a hyperlink. Can you please guide me?

Again thanks for your help.

Kind regards, 

Tauseef

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2014 00:00

Hi Tauseef,

You can select the option "Display selected Items on the frontend using..." > Dynamic content widget.

This is available during custom filed creation or on custom field edit.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Hi Svetoslav

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry I didn't clarify myself in last post. 

I have created a 'Project' module, in this module there are four different content types. 

1. Project (Screenshot - Project_ContentType.jpg)

2. CustomRow (screenshot - CustomRow_ContentType.jpg)

3. ProjectQuote (Screenshot - ProjectQuote_ContentType.jpg)

4. ProjectContentWithImage (screenshot - ProjectContentWithImage_ContentType.jpg)

Please see screenshots, I have created 'ContentRow' field as related data in the Project module which is providing link between Project contentType and ProjectQuote and ProjectContentWithImage. 

I want to display Project Content Type fields along with ProjectQuote and ProjectContentWithImage Content Types fields. I am unable to link Project with ProjectQuote and ProjectContentWithImage. 

I want to display on one page rather than displaying the links of related content type. 

I have used "Display select Items as frontend using Dynamic content widget"  

Kind regards,

Tauseef

This thread is closed