Search Results Custom Link

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:52

Search Results Custom Link

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi,

I have several hundred "Vehicle" content items. These items are not linked to any page directly, instead there is a single page with a custom widget which reads and displays a specific Vehicle based on querystring ID e.g. /display-vehicle?VehicleId=4EE2CDAD-E682-4282-8B96-E93342755892. There is a search index on these "Vehicle" items. There is a page with a search input that uses this index and a search results widget that displays the results of a search.

As the "Vehicle" content items are not linked to a page the links in the search results do not work (empty href). I would like to customise the link so that it references "/display-vehicle?VehicleID=ID".

I understand that the solution may be to write a custom widget that inherits the SearchResults class but am stuggling to find any official documentation aside from forum posts.

Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2014 00:00

I was thinking too much about it. The search results expose the ID of the content item so I can just modify the <a> tag as below.

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity.Search.Impl" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>

<sfSearch:SearchBox ID="topSearchBox" runat="server" />

<sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="resultsStats" runat="server" WrapperTagName="p" CssClass="sfsearchResultStatistics" Text="<%$Resources:SearchResources, SearchResultsStatusMessage %>" />

<asp:Repeater ID="resultsList" runat="server">
    <HeaderTemplate>
        <dl class="sfsearchResultsWrp sfsearchReultTitleSnippetUrl">
    </HeaderTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <dt class="sfsearchResultTitle"><a runat="server" href='<%# "/display-vehicle?id=" + Eval("Id") %>'><%# Eval("Title") %></a></dt
        <dd class="sfsearchResultSnippet"><%# Eval("Summary")%></dd>
        <dd class="sfsearchResultUrl"><a runat="server"  href='<%# Eval("Link")%>'><%# Eval("Link")%></a></dd>
        <dd class="sfsearchResultHighLighter"><%# Eval("HighLighterResult")%></dd>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <FooterTemplate>
        </dl>
    </FooterTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

<sitefinity:Pager ID="pager" runat="server" />

<sfSearch:SearchBox ID="bottomSearchBox" runat="server" />

This thread is closed