Customize the page result from filtering

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:08

Customize the page result from filtering

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2014 00:00

I added a custom classification and  using the Tags widget, I can use the widget to filter the blog posts by the custom classification. What I would like to know is how can I customize the page result so I can display the custom classification that is selected as a filter on top of the page? This will be useful so the user knows what the blog is filtered without having to look at the URL.

Thanks,

Johan

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Any ideas on this? I am interested to find out how Sitefinity does the filtering, so I can customize the page result.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Hi Johan,

You have several options to show what tag or classification has been selected to filter the items.

1. The easiest way is to insert a javascript to the page and on document ready with jQuery to evaluate the url and get the selected tag ( .../selectedTag) and set to an element.

2. Another option is to bind the control template. This could be done from the Widget -> Edit -> Advanced -> LayoutTemplatePath and in the codebehind of the .ascx in PageLoad to check if it is a postback and to evaluate the Url and set the value to a ASP label or other control.

3. You can make a custom widget, which inherits from the default one - TaxonomyControl and add you own custom logic.

These are only a suggestions. Feel free to choose the way you achieve your desired scenario.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed