Setting selected items in a FlatSelector

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:02

Setting selected items in a FlatSelector

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi,

I've got a FlatSelector in my widget's designer .ascx. This has AllowMultipleSelection set to 'true'. So when i click on the select button, in the flatselector, i can choose multiple items. I am then saving these multiple items as a string of guids (See here). If i then go back to edit what i've already selected the flatselector will always open in it's default state with no items selected. 

So is there a way to pass in values to a flatselector so they will be 'selected' when i go back and view them? I can see in the designer .js there is the jquery().dialog() being set up but i cant see where i can pass in data or even if i can.

Thanks,
Jack

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Hi Jack,

It is important that you pass correct data to the flat selector so it can bind it and show the already selected and saved items, unless it will show empty (no items). If you refer to the SelectedItems tab in the opened dialog of the flat selector, you will see there only the currently selected items and when the dialog is closed, they are cleaned. This is the dialog tab default behavior.
I hope this info is useful.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed