MVC Detail View with ActionName Attribute

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:31

MVC Detail View with ActionName Attribute

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2014 00:00

I have a page created for a list MVC widget.  On that page I have an MVC widget that has an Index method that returns a view with a list of content.  In the same control I have  a details action method that has an ActionName attribute tied to it.  The action method is LessonPlan but the ActionName is lesson-plan.  This action method accepts a parameter called urlName so I expect an input URL of /lesson-plan/name of lesson plan.  If I have the ActionName attribute on the method the input parameter is never populated.  If I remove the ActionName and simply make the url /lessonplan/name of lesson plan the parameter is populated as expected.  Any ideas as to why the ActionName attribute would cause the parameter to be dropped?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Hi,

I have already provided you with an answer in the support ticket that you opened.

Please note that the ActionName attribute is supported in Sitefinity since version 6.2. Could you please confirm that you are using this version. 

Also please take a look at our MVC-related BugTracker sample located here -> github.com/.../Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.BugTracker 

Regards,
Veronica
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

I replied to the ticket.  I opened the forum so others could see the answer if this was something they ran into.  I am using version 6.3.

This thread is closed