Module Builder with Custom Choices

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:39

Module Builder with Custom Choices

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Are there any examples of creating a custom widget for multiple select choice fields for the Module Builder? 

I am trying out the Module Builder for the first time.  I need to throw together something to allow a user to multi-select from a static list of 236 items.  I saw the Choices data type and added in 30 or so items to test it out.  I set to Multiple choices can be selected and set to Checkboxes.  After clicking finish the module did not appear on the Content drop down.  I figured out this was due to multi-site settings and after fixing this found the module.

All seems to be working, but I have just a single column of checkboxes for the choices data type.  For 30 checkboxes this is annoying, for 236 it won't work at all.  I need to find a way to add in multiple columns and at least a select all and deselect all buttons.  So, I went back in and tried to create again and pick custom.  I just get a text box to enter the virtual path of the custom widget.  I then hit a wall searching for how do I create this custom widget??

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2014 00:00

I put in a support ticket for this and was given this link

www.youtube.com/watch

Looks like this will work

This thread is closed