Workflow for developing MVC widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:05

Workflow for developing MVC widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2014 00:00

I'm currently working on a project that involves the development of a custom widget for Sitefinity.  I'm developing the widget as an MVC widget and that part is coming along fine.

I was wondering however, what is the intended workflow, or procedure, for working on an MVC widget? In my case I'm currently developing on my local machine, and once I'm done I'd like to deploy the widget to our test environment for testing, but I can't find any clear documentation on how to do this. I don't want to deploy the entire Sitefinity project, I'd just like a way of picking up the widget in its entirety and installing it onto the test environment's copy of Sitefinity.

The lack of information on this process leads me to think that maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, and there is some other preferred way to develop and deliver custom widgets.

Is my described process possible?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree with this approach?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2014 00:00

Hi Nick,

In order to use MVC widgets in Sitefinity you could check this article and the attached video. Using of the ControllerToolboxItem attribute will help you to register the widget.

In addition, you can look at Creating MVC Widgets with Sitefinity Thunder.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed