How do you force OA to update the DB in a custom module?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:16

How do you force OA to update the DB in a custom module?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2014 00:00

I have a thunder generated custom module in which I need to add a couple more columns to the DB.

So I created them in the model, added them to the fluent mapping (HasProperty)...but no amount of uninstall\install seems to get these columns added to the DB?

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2014 00:00

...man even an uninstall and reinstall isn't even adding the table to the db

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

Hi Steve,

After the module has been initially created and installed and you change something like the type for example, you need to perform the following in order to make it refresh and change mappings etc:Developing a Custom module using an OpenAccess data provider.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

What? Ewww...

This can't be how you guys do it internally if you need to change a schema...is it?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2014 00:00

Hi,

The upgrade is done by checking the assembly version and the schema version in the database. When the assembly has a higher version the upgrade will trigger.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed