UnsubscribeForm

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:14

UnsubscribeForm

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2014 00:00

Hi

I have created a custom subscribeform according to the reply in the following thread: www.sitefinity.com/.../custom-subscribe-form

It works, but now I want to create a similar unsubscribeform and I need the original code which i can modify for my needs.

Also, as mentioned my custom subscribeform works well, but i need to change the texts (Change language, swedish) that appears when you add subscriber or tries to add an existing etc:

"A subscriber with the given email is already subscribed to this mailing list."

"You have successfully subscribed to this mailing list. Thank you."

Thanks for any replies

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2014 00:00

Hello Johan,

Please note that by design since Sitefinity 5.1 the new way of unsubscribing users from mailing lists is to insert an unsubscribe link in the message template. You will also need to create an unsubscribe page and add the built-in Unsubscribe widget on this page. Then when creating your mailing list you need to select the unsubscribe page to which the user will be redirected to when clicking the unsubscribe link from the message template. Here is also a short video demonstrating the steps I took on my side to achieve this.

If the built-in functionality does not fit your desired use case scenario, can you please let me know some additional information on the custom unsubscribe functionality you would like to implement. Would you like to use the old method for unsubscribing by entering an email address and then clicking on the Unsubscribe button?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

In the video link you posted above, there's a 'graphic' mark at the very end of your rich text message, indicating an undownloaded graphic. At the end of my rich text email campaign messages I'm getting them too, but there is no graphic there to actually display. What is causing this and how do I get rid of it?

If I can't, can you please supply the necessary code to ​I need to make unsubcribing possible by entering an email address and then clicking on an Unsubscribe button on the website? The unloaded graphic appearing at the bottom of all my campaign emails looks a bit unprofessional. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Kate,

Regarding the image at the bottom of the the email message, please note that this invisible image tag that is rendered inside the email is for some statistics which tracks the opened emails. If the client is not getting the image in the mail then "opened" will not be updated.

In addition to this, please note that in general, this image should not be visible since its width and height is 1px only. Most probably it depends on the settings in outlook if to show the picture placeholders. Please refer to the attached screenshot. 

You may take a look at the following sample from our documentation for more details about removing subscribers from mailing lists. You can use this as a sample to implement your custom logic for unsubscribing users.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed