Security Settings being overwritten on system startup

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:34

Security Settings being overwritten on system startup

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2014 00:00

Summary of Problem: 

I am working on a site that has been successfully migrated from 3.7 to 7.0.

I changed security settings for BOTH Default and OpenAccessMembership37Provider Providers such that Passwords could be reset.  I changed them to be identical.   Ensuring all items are saved, I then log out of the back end and  restart the application pool in IIS.    Upon logging back in, I can reset passwords for users under the Default provider, but NOT OpenAccessMembership37Provider!

ISSUE:

When I go back to double check security settings, the default are fine BUT the OpenAccessMembership37Provider Parameters are ALL reset back to default.  Meaning that 'enablepasswordReset' is set to false, and 'recoverMailAddress' value is empty.

Tried numerous times, and confirmed this happens with random other OpenAccessMembership37Provider parameters as well (such as requireUniqueEmail).

Ideas?

Many Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2014 00:00

Anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2014 00:00

Hi Stephen.

Try by adding the parameters manually in the MigrationModuleConfig.config file located at ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/.
The file should look similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<migrationModuleConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="7.0.5100.0">
    <membershipProviders>
        <add enabled="True" name="OpenAccessMembership37Provider" enablePasswordReset="true" recoveryMailAddress="noreply@test.com"  />
    </membershipProviders>
</migrationModuleConfig>

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed