Can an Intra-Site Module have multiple content types?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:33

Can an Intra-Site Module have multiple content types?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2014 00:00

Scenario 
I am modifying the Testimonials Intra-Site Module that is part of the SDK by adding a new field called source which will indicate if the testimonial was submitted from the website, email or regular mail. I have also created a new table called Source that will be used as a lookup table. 

Question
I would like the Testimonial Intra-Site Module to contain 2 content types, one for the Testimonial and one for Source (lookup table). Is this possible? If so how, as I did not see any code in the TestimonialsModules.cs for creating  content types.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2014 00:00

Hi David,

Do you need to have a new content type under Content menu along with the Testimonial? If so, I would recommend you to create a new module using the Module builder and add related data fields  for that source content type.

From other hand, attached is the amended Module (including Globa.asax) with added additional Source field, where you could check all the changes made in the files for adding the field in the frontend and the backend for view/edit/create.

In order to test the sample new implementation, you need to drop the current database in advance.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed